7 links to get you started with art journaling

from an art journal by Dina Wakley

Do you art journal?

Are you wondering if you might like art journaling? Maybe you’ve heard about keeping a visual diary and it’s piqued your interest. Or . . .  maybe you’re wondering just what these so-called art and visual journals or diaries actually are.

Take a little time to stroll through the links below and get a better understanding of this art form that’s become popular. Art journals offer the opportunity for self expression with no rules. Additionally, their creation lets you to make something from your own hand that is intensely personal and meaningful–something that no one else could create.

So take a look and let us know if you’re feeling inspired to try some art journaling yourself. Or if you’re already making art journals, link us up in the comments!

from Frida Kahlo

Dina Wakley: Defining Art Journaling

Aisling D’Art: How I Started My Art Journals

Squidoo Lens by Sammie: A Goldmine of Journal Writing Prompts

Play Design Create: 7 Tips to Build a Treasury of Art Journal Ideas

Flicker Inspiration: Flickr group: Visual Journals

Dina Wakley: Using Art Journal Techniques on Scrapbook Pages

Dina Wakley is a mixed-media and scrapbook artist who lives in Glendale, AZ with her husband and three fellas. You can find more information about Dina’s work and online classes on her website, http://dinawakley.com.

, , ,

10 Responses to 7 links to get you started with art journaling

1. Traci March 22, 2010 at 12:27 am #

Thank you so much for posting these, Debbie! Excellent links!

2. Jacquelin G March 22, 2010 at 1:24 am #

I am so excited to be taking the Art Journaling 101 class – and these are fantastic links – now I will never sleep!!!

3. Lotus Vele August 30, 2011 at 5:01 pm #

Thank you for sharing these links!
    \Lotus

4. Jane Davenport October 10, 2011 at 5:36 pm #

I how i LOVE journaling…. And i teach how to draw in your journals! My classes are called ‘Supplies Me’ and ‘Draw Happy’. … Just thought I’d mention it ;) cheers, Jane

5. Pam P May 13, 2012 at 7:32 am #

Thanks so much for listing these, I found them very helpful!

6. Nancy R. Allen` August 7, 2012 at 10:11 am #

Thank you for the sites you posted. I will go to them often.

7. Collette November 2, 2013 at 4:44 am #

My developer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.

I have always disliked the idea because of the
    expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using
    Movable-type on numerous websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform.
    I have heard very good things about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress posts into it?
    Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

8. Sylvia August 27, 2014 at 2:45 am #

Journalling is just starting in South Africa, we would like to know what pens and products Kind Regards Sylvia Erweeto use in our journals.

9. Melissa March 18, 2016 at 6:53 pm #

Thanks for the Lens.

1. All things Book of shadows (part 3 art) | bookofshadowsandblessings - November 15, 2012

[…] you are OK with. Words have power, even words hidden under layers. I also found this site with 7 links to get you started  with art journaling. Which I liked as something simple instead of getting overwhelmed with all the options out there. I […]