Keep a 5 Year Journal | Progress to Date and Prompts for May

by Tami Taylor

Welcome back. This is the third installment of: “Keep a 5 year Journal.” Click here to see all 12 months.

I’m back with a quick observation and another list of questions.  I’ve been plugging away at my journal and have a few things to share.

Slow and steady wins the race

When life gets in the way, it’s hard to make time for your projects.  When I get behind on a project, I feel like I need to rush through and get “caught up.”

Slow and steady does win the race. It’s as true for you and your art projects as it was true for the Tortoise in Aesop’s fable.   If you’re feeling that your 5 year journal is becoming more chore than project, take a day or two off.  No one will know. It’s ok, and in a day or two jump back in feeling refreshed!

My favorite card this month

I loved that this journaler lent itself to the card, and I love that the focus is happiness.  I loved participating in the Happiness Project and believe that focusing on the positive is a good way to end each day.

This is also the last card I’ve made. Yes, it’s half way into April. Yes, I had family visiting, and, yes, I’m satisfied with what I’ve accomplished–just as you should be.

Call for Projects from our 5 Year Journal friends

I would love to feature your 5 Year Journal here. Please share links in the comments, and/or  contact me to be featured in next month’s column. I’d love to share all kinds of journals, so if you’re keeping a digital version, send me a screen shot.

For anyone who is new to this idea, I hope you’ll join me on this journey.  You can jump in at any time: start on your birthday, on the day of a special event, or just make today special.

5 Year Journal Prompts for May

365 Questions – May

365 Questions – April can be found here

365 Questions – March can be found here

365 Questions for January & February can be found here

Tami Taylor writes for Get It Scrapped!, teaches at Masterful Scrapbook Design and previously owned Creative Passion Classes.com. To learn more about Tami check out her blog, The Taylor Life.

10 Responses to Keep a 5 Year Journal | Progress to Date and Prompts for May

1. Ami April 21, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

Tami, I have been using your questions each month this year and including them in an 8.5×11 page protector in my Project Life album. As I only do one full two page spread each month and then other inserts this works just great. Don’t know if I will answer all of them again next year and each year there after but I am enjoying this now.

2. Michele April 30, 2012 at 9:51 am #

Just found your website. Can’t wait to get started with this.

3. CaroleMac May 1, 2012 at 5:49 pm #

thx for these Tami – I am still going strong… well, petered abit towards the end of April but here I am pushing thru. I haven’t posted any images yet of my notebook as it really is nothing to look at… perhaps that will change, hahaha but I doubt it:)

4. Deb May 8, 2012 at 5:12 am #

Still loving this project in everyway.. and will take some pics to share with you. Thanks again for the inspiration. Love that if even if you miss a week or three it is not so hard to go back especially if you are doing Everyday Life or keeping a dairy or journal. I just keep my box of cards right in view…too easy and decoratate when the mood takes me.. hey.. I’ve got five years to make em all pretty. Thanks again Tami.. this is one of the easiest long term projects I have embarked upon.

5. linda May 12, 2012 at 11:23 pm #

Are June prompts on the way? Busy end of school ahead and don’t want to miss them!

6. TamiTaylor May 16, 2012 at 10:23 am #

They’ll post friday :)

7. Ginger May 16, 2012 at 1:57 pm #

Thanks so much for sharing this with us!! I’m looking forward to diving in!

8. Christy July 18, 2012 at 7:03 pm #

Hi!

Thank you for this great idea…. I am so excited to start.

My “A” side would love to have July through December. I have January through June. Is there some place I can find the remainder of the year?

Thank you so much for this cool idea!!!

C*

9. Lorraine August 19, 2012 at 4:36 pm #

I’ve just found this wonderful idea through Pinterest – what a fabulous idea. Best of all, don’t feel any pressure to “catch up” – I’ve printed January to June and will keep them to use as the dates roll around. Looking for July onwards – can you direct me there?

1. Journaling Challenges and Writing Prompts - Everyday Life of a Mother and Wife - November 7, 2014

[…] Debbie hodge has an installment of posts on keep a 5 year journal […]