Submitting ideas for guest posts.
We’d like pieces that share both practical and creative information about scrapbooking. While we may publish an article that doesn’t fall into one of the categories below, it’s unlikely. If you’ve got an idea that you think fits with our website, though, pitch it!
Only submit articles that have NOT already been published on your blog or another online venue. You may publish the piece later on your website.
Categories we’d like to see posts in:
- Page elements: embellishments/embellishing, scrapbooking and taking photos, journaling, titles, the canvas.
- Page types: events (specific and general—pieces on upcoming fall / December holidays would be great!), everyday life, all about me, leaving a record, travel . . .
- Scrapbook Page Design
- Scrapbook Page Ideas
- Craft & Techniques – how to on a specific technique or project.
Submit brief description of article ideas along with estimated completion time/date to Debbie Hodge via the “contact” choice on the menu above.
Guidelines for writing guest posts
Send the article in a WORD document AND all jpgs in ONE email to Debbie Hodge.
in the Word document
- Link the text within the Word document (i.e., don’t tell us the link and what to link it to – just link it up)
- Do NOT use Word’s bullet/numbering or indenting formatting. Just put an *or – or # in front of items, we’ll figure it out.
- Please spell check.
- Avoid long paragraphs.
- Images should be no more than 550px wide at 72ppi
- You may use layouts by designers other than yourself with their approval.
- For all layouts include the following caption: Layout (linked to where it resides on the web) by Designer Name (linked to their blog). See how we’ve done it here: http://debbiehodge.com/2010/10/color-5qs/. If the designer has no blog or website, link the entire phrase to where the layout resides online.