Hey, you, with your photos in the cloud! Are you recording the details of those photos that will trigger rich memories later on? Or are the photos piling up, unculled and unlabeled, in your ever-growing cloud drive? Make sure future generations aren’t left guessing whose house that is in the picture, or what kind of car is parked behind the kids playing on the sidewalk, or who those kids even are.
I am Debbie Hodge, the owner of Get It Scrapped. I’ve combined my skills (an MBA concentration in operations management and 20+ years of study and practice of creative writing) with my passion (telling personal stories) to make a business of showing you how to organize your memories and photos and use writing and design to record the stories and events of your life.
Along with Amy Kingsford and Tami Taylor, I write or edit all of the articles here at Get It Scrapped. A creative team of 25 paper and digital scrapbookers make the pages that illustrate Get It Scrapped scrapbooking ideas and techniques.
Our weekend update is read by over 10,000 photographers and memory-keepers who find it’s the best way to do a quick check of our weekly articles and make sure they see the ones they’re interested in.
At Masterful Scrapbook Design we’re offering 6 classes in 2013 featuring 20+ top designers teaching. We use the latest technologies to bring you e-book, video, and audio training that goes with you.
Before Get It Scrapped, I authored Get It Scrapped! published by F+W Media, was a contributing editor to Memory Makers Magazine, and published scrapbook pages and articles in top scrapbook magazines including: BHG Scrapbooks Etc., Memory Makers Magazine, Simple Scrapbooks, Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbook Trends, and Scrapbook Answers.
Access this 6-lesson class in the Get It Scrapped classroom. It has how-tos and inspiration for moving from a stack of photos to complete scrapbook page. We want you making pages that look great and “mean.”
You can learn a lot more about Get It Scrapped, me, and my work through the interviews and podcasts I’ve participated in:
The Scrapbooking Inspiration Podcast (at Digital Scrapbooking HQ – talking about my background and new classes)
Basic Design Principles at The Daily Digi (this link is to the final lesson, see links to previous lessons in first paragraph)
The Digi Show
- The Digi Show 98 (favorite scrapbook page making tricks & techniques)
- The Digi Show 71 (color)
- The Digi Show 51 (layout design
- The Digi Show 35 (live from Vegas – Digisrapapalooza)
- The Digi Show 13 (talking hardware and software for digiscrapping)
Paperclipping Digi Show Podcast
- Paperclipping Digi Show 29 (year in review scrapbooking)
- Paperclipping Digi Show 23 (making scrappy Christmas gifts)
- Paperclipping Digi Show 18 (what do you do with the paper stuff when you’re a digi scrapper)
- Paperclipping Digi Show 12 (hidden journaling on digi pages)
- Paperclipping Digi Show 6 (Fantasy layouts, the future of digital scrapbooking, inchies, and more)
Paperclipping Roundtable Podcast
- Paperclipping Roundtable 167 (talking about page making approaches we return to again and again)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 159 (talking online course development)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 139 (talking about trends affecting how we make pages)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 132 (talking about the products, techniques, design approaches we return to again and again on our pages)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 121 (talking about personal style)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 107 (scrapbooking teens)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 84 (scrapbooking parents)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 65 (scrapbooking dreams – what we’d love to have for scrapbooking)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 63 (page making process)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 60 (innovations in scrapbooking)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 47 (srapbooking work)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 45 (fonts)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 38 (scrapbooking apps)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 29 (technology for scrapbooking)
With Mom by Debbie Hodge | Supplies: Simple Stitches by Karen Funk; Stitched by Anna Cream, St Nicholas Artplay, Alpha Set 2, Artplay Palette 7 by Anna Aspnes; Make Believe by Paislee Press; Cream and Sugar, Sprinkles 9 by Valerie Wibbens; Daring Damask by Allison Pennington; ATC Brown Sugar, ATC Sunshine, ATC Teal Time by Tangie Baxter; Salde Mar by Viva Artistry; Brave by Mye de Leon; Be by Forever Joy; Stitched Flowers by Gennifer Bursett; Coconut by Sara Gleason; The Daily Bread font
We are Here by Debbie Hodge | Supplies: Magpie, Wren, Classic Borders by Jenni Bowlin Digital; Head in the Clouds by Valerie Wibbens; Stuck-on Alphas by Robyn Winiecki; Dyptich, Road Trip by Paislee Press; Happy Hipster by Amy Wolff; Sophisticate by Dawn by Design; Nonsense, Spring Sweetness Alpha by Just Jaimee; Bohemian Typewriter Alpha
Croquet Before Breakfast by Debbie Hodge | Supplies: Daily Bulletin by One Little Bird; Little Miss Sunshine Alpha by Zoe Pearn; Coconut by Sara Gleason; Peachy Alpha by Karla Dudley; Also a Very Small Alpha by Allison Pennington; Puzzled by Mye de Leon; So Much Joy by Two More Days; Mellow Yellow by Karla Dudley; Snail Mail by Splendid Fiins; Bohemian Typewriter font
Say No to Nasturtiums by Debbie Hodge | Supplies: Hello There by Karla Dudley; Cut It Out by Robyn Meierotto; Journaling Strip Masks by Katie Pertiet; Stitched by Anna Brown by Anna Aspnes; Happy Hipster by Amy Wolff; Sprinkles 9 by Valerie Wibbens; Coconut by Sara Gleason; Buttoned Up by Katie Pertiet; Sunday Afternoon by Laurie Ann; Fairy Tale by Paislee Press; Geo Slab 703, Bohemian Typewriter, The Daily Bread fonts.
Setting Out by Debbie Hodge | Supplies: Sup?, Mellow Yellow, Peach Alphas by Karla Dudley; Coconut by Sara Gleason; This Week The Good Stuff Alpha, Happiness Lies Within by Mye de Leon; Sketchbook by Amy Tan; Trailblazer by One Little Bird; Feedsack by Splendid Fiins; Basic Paper Alpha Yellow 2 by katie Pertiet; Sullivan, Amelie fonts
On A School Day by Debbie Hodge | Supplies: Make Believe by Paislee Press; Snail Mail by Valerie Wibbens; Bicycle Built for Two by Allison Pennington; School Edition by Little Butterfly Wings; Brave, Happiness Lies Within, The Good Stuff This Week Alpha by Mye de Leon; Fleetwood, XOXO by Sahlin Studio; Family Tree by Jenni Bowlin Studio; Torn Journalers by Gennifer Bursett; Little Miss Sunshine Alpha by Zoe Pearn; Feedsack by Splendid Fiins; Bohemian Typewriter, Amelie fonts