Design Principles for the Scrapbook Page: Lesson #7 Flow

When you can incorporate visual flow into your scrapbook page design, you’ll guide the viewer’s eye through it, revealing what’s important along the tour.

image

Source: stock.xchng / chingtc

Click here to open Lesson 7

So we’ve made it through six principles of design you can use for making sharp scrapbook pages! And we wrapped up with a great principle—flow—because it calls upon you to put everything you’ve learned so far to work. In the next lesson we’ll begin focusing on the key parts of a scrapbook page—look for that lesson in a few days.

Did you find this page via an online search or a link from a friend?

This lesson is part of a 12-lesson course called “Design Principles for Scrapbook Pages.” Click here for the complete class.

, ,

8 Responses to Design Principles for the Scrapbook Page: Lesson #7 Flow

1. Elizabeth June 20, 2010 at 8:24 am #

I am really enjoying these lessons, Debbie. I found this lesson brought together all the answers to questions I had with the previous lessons. Sort of wrapped it all up for me so that I could really understand.

Thanks so much for these lessons. They help a whole lot in making my layouts more cohesive.

• Debbie Hodge June 20, 2010 at 8:33 am #

Oh, thanks for the note! I’m so glad the lessons are useful–and, I know what you mean about this lesson. When I was writing it I felt like I understood things better, myself.

2. Doris June 27, 2010 at 11:00 pm #

Debbie,
    These classes have been wonderful. Love the design principles you’ve illustrated so well. Thank you so very much for all the time you’ve put in here.
    Doris (Aka echogirl)

• Debbie Hodge June 28, 2010 at 9:12 am #

Hi, Doris! So glad you’re taking the class — I’ve been a fan of your pages for a while!

3. latz July 3, 2010 at 7:08 am #

I hadn’t thought of circling as a way to draw the viewer in before. But now I see it’s effectiveness. Thanks for these great tips.

4. grambie September 3, 2010 at 9:52 pm #

So glad that you gave us such a visual explanation of Flow. This is the first time that I have seen each category explained in detail. This is my third trip back to review a favorite aspect that includes a representative of each. Love the triangle, diagonal, as well oval descriptives. Thank you again for your kindness.

5. pat cooper May 13, 2011 at 4:05 am #

pictures for this lesson had not downloaded after 15 minutes

• Debbie hodge May 13, 2011 at 10:23 pm #

Hi, Pat. Wld u give it another try ? I’m not sure why the problem earlier. I’ll keep an eye on it tho.