In the last lesson we made the move from focusing on design principles to looking at the basic parts of a scrapbook page. The choices you make regarding each page part should be done with an understanding of the implications for good use of design principles.

Today we’ll look at photos.

Click here to open Lesson #9

I’d love to hear how this class is working for you at this point. Am I telling you helpful things? Am I clear or are the connections fuzzy? Do you have questions? Comments?

Did you find this page via an online search or a link from a friend?

This lesson is part of a 12-lesson course called “Design Principles for Scrapbook Pages.” Click here for the complete class.

13 Responses to Design Principles for the Scrapbook Page: Lesson #9 Photos and Design Principles

1. Ami July 5, 2010 at 8:29 pm #

These are making so much sense to me. When you stated the corrections you would make and why, I could picture them in my mind’s eye. It is all coming together so easily. Thank you.

2. Meredith July 6, 2010 at 12:06 am #

These lessons are most certainly helpful, full of excellent design techniques, easy to follow with the example layouts showing each step in the lesson. I find this most helpful when thinking about my layout. Thank you.

3. Tawyn August 11, 2010 at 11:44 pm #

I’m loving these lessons & ideas. I’ve been digiscrapping for about 3 or 4 yrs and had decided I needed to know more about better page layouts. I tried some graphic design books but while the basic principals were there – they concentrated mainly on text on a portrait oriented page.
    This is what I needed to reinforce some stuff already in my head and to go “of course, why didn’t I see that before”.
    I like seeing “do-overs” of old pages too, it gives you ideas of where to start looking when things just don’t seem right on a page.

4. grambie September 5, 2010 at 6:47 pm #

I am learning more each and every day as I review each lesson. The process is ever revolving as you point out references with active reinforcing links. We often forget the whole of digital scrapping as we concentrate on specifics. This is a great eye opener.

5. tape September 12, 2010 at 2:06 pm #

I’m loving these lessons! Thanks!

6. pidgen January 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm #

I have really loved these classes. I love that I chose to get them spaced out a bit — it’s allowing me to really reflect on what I’ve learned … and it’s fun to get the infomative mail in my inbox!

7. beth September 16, 2011 at 10:38 am #

I have loved this course and have learned sooo much. I am actually getting design for scrapbooking with this course. The “flow” of the course makes sense since each course builds on the previous. way to go!

8. Leath March 3, 2012 at 6:23 pm #

you do a good job encouraging scrappers to make their best pages and helping me understand the why behind what I do. Thanks

9. Carol March 30, 2012 at 8:18 am #

I love the way you are given to details. Each page draws the eye and truly does captivate the viewer. When I begin my scrapbook page I think to myself, ” will the person reading and viewing this particular page of photos and ideas be taken back to the very place I am trying to recapture for them “? I become my readers eyes and thought processor. This motivates me to relive that particular photo and before long my page is finished and I have once again experienced the moments that are now memories. I don’t know if this makes sense, but doing this, becoming the viewer in my eyes, makes me never want to leave the page I am creating. It becomes fun and not work! I look forward to learning new ideas in each of your lessons. Thank you for your time, which makes my time well spent!

10. MArieke June 25, 2012 at 2:58 am #

Hi!
    Wjat a big inspiration these lessons are for me! I’m looking forward to each lesson and I love their layouts: they’re beautiful and so much fun to read… Thank you!