One Month at a Time: December 2010

by Tami Taylor

Well November was cah-razy! Last minute birthday party, last minute family members decided to move out of state; it was a definite fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants month!  I already shared on facebook that I didn’t get a single photo of thanksgiving.  However, I’ll make do with what I have!  Here’s how my November looked:

On to December, so you decided to do something this holiday season, whether it’s December Daily, Journal Your Christmas or Documenting December, you signed on for a job.  Each year I think “ooh I’m going to be all over it this year!”, and each year life takes over (see November!).

The hard part (for me) is finding the time to do this on the busy days. If I miss a day, it quickly becomes two, three then I give up. I hate it, but it’s what happens.  Trying to catch up as the month goes on (and gets busier) is near impossible. So, this year I developed a plan and I’m going to share it with you! I created a list of prompts that have nice simple answers. (For the most part, a few are a little more in depth). I’m going to use these on days that I’m busy can’t do a more thought provoking answer; or on days when I’m just stumped on what to journal about period.

Here they are in case your life gets a little chaotic during the holiday season:

1. Favorite ornament I own
  20. Favorite holiday cookie
  21. Favorite holiday drink
  22. Favorite thing about decorating
  23. Favorite person I like seeing during the holidays
  24. Favorite smell during the holidays
  25. Favorite holiday story

My personal goal for December is to do something each day whether it’s a photo, a layout, blog or write in my journal.  Let us know in the comments below or in the forums what your game plan is for December and with each other’s encouragement we can get it done!  I’ll be back at the end of the month with the final sketch of 2010 and to see how everyone did.

Here’s the link to the pdf of the November sketch.

Here’s the link to the November psd file.

Make some time, get November scrapped and start keeping track of December with this by the numbers.  It’s going to be over before you know it!

Tami Taylor writes for Get It Scrapped!, teaches at Masterful Scrapbook Design and previously owned Creative Passion Classes.com. To learn more about Tami check out her blog, The Taylor Life.

, , ,

9 Responses to One Month at a Time: December 2010

1. Barbara December 1, 2010 at 11:07 am #

Love this template; thank you!

• TamiTaylor December 1, 2010 at 2:47 pm #

Debbie’s awesome at those isnt she!

2. Lori December 1, 2010 at 10:25 pm #

Tami,

Wow! Another great post. I cannot thank you enough for the 25 holiday season ideas (I’m thinking of photos to take an and pages to scrap!)–you have really got my creative ideas flowing. Thanks for the inspiration, motivation and direction. Happy Holidays! -Lori

• TamiTaylor December 1, 2010 at 10:38 pm #

yay! glad you found it useful.. hope you share what you do!

3. Patti A December 11, 2010 at 11:18 pm #

I printed up the list. Every year I say I will do the December Daily or Shimelle album but never finish. I love these ideas though and think I need to turn at least a few of these into LOs I may have to ask DS for his imput on a few as well.

I have to say I love that I have a monthly LO because of this monthly article – still have to do this month but have done every other month.

4. TamiTaylor December 15, 2010 at 9:30 pm #

I too feel less overwhelmed with scrapping when I think “hey I have each month at least covered” :)

5. Char January 3, 2011 at 2:46 am #

Thank you so much for all your work Tami!!!
    This one month idea is awesome—I was just racking my brain on some sort of monthly easy scrapbook pages I could do in my classes with kids—hmmmmm will have to tweek some-but the layouts are awesome.

Again thanks so much-great job!!!!!
    Char

• Tami January 3, 2011 at 12:55 pm #

Thanks Char, I’d love to see what you do! I imagine it’d be so fun to do (but one page layouts!)

• Char January 4, 2011 at 1:47 am #

Thanks Tami
        I’ve been mulling an idea around for a couple weeks–kind of on the month by month calendar idea-(except no calendar) –something easy for the kids to do (or maybe a mom and me class–but I usually do my stamp/craft classes at lunch time).
        If you want a half hour adreniline rush? Try doing a stamp/craft class with 3 to 10 kindergarten to Grade 6 kids in half an hour!!
        Now that is what I call a RUSH!! But it is a lot of fun and a big challenge.
        The idea I had was to have them do a Jan page–maybe on light blue with some snowflakes stamped on white (as kind of a border) then maybe some 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 matts in a darker blue to put their pics on at home. Feb would be easy–pink or white paper with red hearts etc.
        I have done crafts for many years and love to work with the kids and the girls in my Girl Guide Unit–just took up stamping and card making 1 1/2 ago and only made one scrapbook last June–but would like to get into easy scrapbooking more.
        Any other ideas–I’m open for suggestions for stamping/crafts with kids to do in half hour.

Thanks
        You have inspired me to get my pics in order to try your Jan 2010 pages (I know I’m way behind–but I figure if I could do a month at a time–maybe I will catch up to this Jan–hehehe)
        Char