Keep a 5 Year Journal | Progress to Date and Prompts for June

by Tami Taylor

Welcome back. This is the fifth installment of: “Keep a 5 year Journal.” Click here to see all 12 months.

I’m back with a quick observation and another list of questions.  I’ve been plugging away at my journal and have a few things to share.

As we approach the half way mark of the first year, I think you should give yourself a pat on the back.  Matter of fact, if you have someone else in your home – I say you give yourself a vacation!  Ask them to do the cards for a few days.  The answers will be fun and you can simply have them sign their name so you know which ones they helped with five years from now.

Share how you’re doing, ask for encouragement and above all else – BRAG!  You’re doing something big and you’re doing great!  I’m all caught up and have my cards prepped through May 31st.  I hope it’s still fun and you’re enjoying the little bit of reflection each day.

Call for Projects from our 5 Year Journal friends

I would love to feature your 5 Year Journal here. Please share links in the comments, and/or  contact me to be featured in next month’s column. I’d love to share all kinds of journals, so if you’re keeping a digital version, send me a screen shot.

For anyone who is new to this idea, I hope you’ll join me on this journey.  You can jump in at any time: start on your birthday, on the day of a special event, or just make today special.

5 Year Journal Prompts for June

365 Questions – June

365 Questions – May can be found here

365 Questions – April can be found here

365 Questions – March can be found here

365 Questions for January & February can be found here

Tami Taylor writes for Get It Scrapped!, teaches at Masterful Scrapbook Design and previously owned Creative Passion Classes.com. To learn more about Tami check out her blog, The Taylor Life.

11 Responses to Keep a 5 Year Journal | Progress to Date and Prompts for June

1. Vita May 19, 2012 at 9:59 am #

I love this idea! I think I’ll begin with the June prompts…. I know I may sound like an “add-on queen” but this would be very cool as an APP for a smart-device. The prompts could pop up each day as a reminder to take a moment to journal…. Anyway, love the idea–very cool indeed!

2. Ripal June 3, 2012 at 7:15 pm #

Thank you so much for this project! I have to say that this is the first project of any P365 kind that I’ve been able to continue with for so long! I knew that if I tried to scrap it in anyway, I wouldn’t be able to keep up with it. So, Ive started a blog with one entry a day. I plan on editing those same entries next four years and add new journaling to it for each year. I still have plan to make one scrapbook page(digi) per question, but I have 5 yrs to get the final version. For now, I can concentrate on just the journal part. :)

I always have this page and my blog open on my browser. Every night, it’s a ritual to answer the question very last thing before I call it a night!

3. Aubrey July 18, 2012 at 4:47 am #

hi! I found this on pinterest. so sad, i’m 6 months late! Anyway, I can’t seem to find prompts for july. I hope maybe I could start, I still have half the year of 2012 left. thank you very much! This idea was great.

• Kendra August 2, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

I can’t either. :-( Need both July and August prompts.

I’ve started a new Google e-mail address and have been e-mailing my responses to the secret e-mail address. It’ll be interesting to log in and read the responses in the future. I’m pretty far behind, but I think it’s okay– my journal doesn’t know or care that I don’t keep it at a high priority. Still fun though! :-)

4. Carol October 4, 2012 at 11:26 pm #

Wow just found this site today and Yes I too will be late starting this project but I love the sound of writing a prompt for just one sentence daily.
    I did something similar on Swap-bot.com but it was a monthly sentence a day journal.
    this is even better than that for me and doable as well. Just need to decide whether to go digital or do it in notebooks but I am gonna do it for real.

5. Melanie November 16, 2012 at 8:46 pm #

Just found this sight and I LOVE this idea!!!
    Are there any prompt posted for the months of July to Nov?
    I can not seem to find them?

6. Carolyn November 20, 2012 at 11:22 am #

I just found this project and wanted to get it all set up for next year, but I can’t seem to find the prompts for July and on. Can you help?

7. Debbie Hodge November 23, 2012 at 11:51 am #

Hi, Carolyn, SO glad you found Tami’s series. Here’s a direct link to all of the posts http://debbiehodge.com/category/projects/5-year-album/

also . . . if you look at the post title, just under it is a link to “5 year album”

8. Marian July 6, 2013 at 8:29 pm #

Hi,
    Yeah, I think I may be a little late but I just started my 5 year journal last month and I was wondering if there are any groups or online communities where people post and share their journals?

9. Laura August 14, 2013 at 2:01 am #

I love this idea! I’m not sure if you’re aware of it, but your links are broken- when you click on the image for the June prompts, it takes you to the file for January, and so on.