Keep a 5 Year Journal – Progress To Date and Prompts for August

by Tami Taylor

Welcome back. This is the seventh installment of: “Keep a 5 year Journal.” At midmonth, I share my progress and the list of questions for the upcoming month. Click here to see all 12 months.

This month I’m just so glad I started this project because it’s using up stash.  With this being the month in which new CHA releases are announced, I’m cleaning out the old and making room for the new – and do I have my eyes on some new stuff!  I can’t believe all of the goodies coming this fall.

So while I impatiently wait, I am making my cards and using up my ‘old’ scrapbook supplies and scraps.

I hope you’re still keeping this fun and I hope you’ll share how you’re doing in the comments.

365 Questions – August

365 Questions – July can be found here

365 Questions – June can be found here

365 Questions – May can be found here

365 Questions – April can be found here

365 Questions – March can be found here

365 Questions for January & February can be found here

If you decide to keep a five year journal, or are already keeping one and would like to be featured in an upcoming month, please contact me.  I’d love to share what everyone is doing.

Tami Taylor writes for Get It Scrapped!, teaches at Masterful Scrapbook Design and previously owned Creative Passion Classes.com. To learn more about Tami check out her blog, The Taylor Life.

13 Responses to Keep a 5 Year Journal – Progress To Date and Prompts for August

1. Keianna July 21, 2012 at 8:45 am #

I used to be able to open these and save on my iPad. I can’t now. Did something change? I love this project. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I am starting it on my birthday next month.

2. Tammy July 25, 2012 at 6:41 pm #

I have prompts all the way to August…..now to just get started!! Love this idea, and the prompts are so helpful. I just need to figure out how to begin! I have several notebooks, to start. But…..
    Any ideas out there for lefties? Notebook wise??]
    Thanks and LOVE these ideas.

• Tammy September 15, 2013 at 5:38 pm #

As a fellow lefty….and someone that printed the prompts and started with the month of September…..
      I made my notebook, I found (by luck) a small binder, turned it to where the holes are at the top of my paper. I found several pieces of paper around the house, hole punched them at the top. Michael’s craft store has oodles of paper as well. No binder seam, and no spiral in the way! It was a lot of fun making it, I added a few drawings from my granddaughter, and personalized the paper as much as I wanted.
      Have fun and enjoy!

3. TamiTaylor July 25, 2012 at 11:49 pm #

Keianna, nothing has changed on this end. Often when something like what your experiencing happens it’s because the pdf reader needs to be updated. Can you check that and if it doesn’t work email me and we’ll figure out what’s going on.

Tammy, I would think cards would be easier. Do you use ATCs? There are some cool ATC holders then you do not have to worry about the spiral binding you just pull the card off write and then replace it.

4. Debbie hodge July 26, 2012 at 8:30 am #

Hi Keianna. Im usingmy iPad right now and was able to open the August document. If you still have probs use the contact link above to tell me.

5. Shelby August 1, 2012 at 6:25 pm #

I just found this 365 day questions and I wish I found it in January! But I’ll just start today with August first and just go from there! Looking for cute journals to do my questions in! :) Will also be posting all of them onto my blog I just started!

6. Amy Franks August 16, 2012 at 12:47 am #

When will Septembers prompts be out?

Thanks

• TamiTaylor August 16, 2012 at 11:11 am #

Hi Amy, sorry for the delay I’ve been very ill. I’m hoping to get them up tomorrow.

7. Amy Franks August 17, 2012 at 12:04 am #

No problem. I hope your feeling better. No rush. I always start things and never finish them. This I have big plans for. Thanks

Amy

• TamiTaylor August 17, 2012 at 10:49 am #

Thanks. And I totally get the not finishing thing – for some reason on this i’m determined.

8. Tina August 5, 2014 at 6:28 am #

What a great idea! I just found out about it (two years later), but for a project like this it is never too late. I will start on August 10th as that day marks a temporary change in my life, I will change continents for work for three months!
    I am thinking of getting a nice notebook and have a page for each day and a line or two for each year. Wanna do that for each single day from now on! I think the notebook can rest on my night stand and I will fill it in at the end of the day.

9. Jim July 30, 2015 at 4:15 am #

I am coming back for the August Prompts. I am about to finish my second month – 3000 words in (so about 50 words a day). Certainly more than I would have recorded without the prompts.

10. Jim August 5, 2015 at 7:24 am #

I did notice that the question for August 4 “What was the last gift you gave?” is very similar to the question from July 29 “The last gift I’ve given was ________________.