How to Cut and Punch Paper in Photoshop to Make Digital Scrapbook Pages

by Debbie Hodge

Since the launch of the Scrapbook Coach series, I’ve gotten great feedback and questions. One thing asked by several is about cutting digital papers in Photoshop to make a page.

Oftentimes when we start a new hobby–like Digital Scrapbooking–it’s hard to find the how-tos for the most basic things. Those teaching us assume we know those things. It turns out that cutting and punching papers is one of those things. And so, a short video lesson on the many ways I trim papers for my digital scrapbooking pages.

abc

6 Responses to How to Cut and Punch Paper in Photoshop to Make Digital Scrapbook Pages

1. Marie-Pierre April 11, 2013 at 1:46 pm #

Wow Debbie! That’s an awesome tutorial! Thanks!! I don’t do digital scrapbooking but I work a lot on my photos before I print them and I could pick up a number of tricks here. :)

2. Virginia Nehring April 13, 2013 at 11:23 am #

Bless you for this. I loved your first two Scrapbook Coach videos but had no clue how you kept “cutting your paper” on the page. I always had to cut paper on the paper, try it out, recut it, try that size out–took incredible amount of time and quite a bit of frustration. At the time I watched your video I thought “how does she do that???” And now I do. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

3. Geri April 13, 2013 at 4:28 pm #

Thanks for this great, straight forward tutorial on cutting and clipping, when and how to use.

4. Brenda April 13, 2013 at 9:19 pm #

Thanks Debbie, a great video. I clip layers by holding down the alt key while hovering the mouse between the two layers on the layers palette then simply clicking when the cursor changes to what looks like two interlocking circles. I’ve never worked with shadows before – this is giving me some inspiration to try it out – you sure make it look easy.

5. Brenda April 13, 2013 at 9:27 pm #

Just another quick variation on how to merge two layers: after the two layers are selected in the layers palette, I just right mouse click then select the ‘merge layers’ option from the drop down that pops up. It saves going all the way up to the menu bar.

6. Laura Hedgecock April 20, 2013 at 8:43 pm #