Use this 5-step formula to make easy scrapbook pages. The text of Krista Sahlin‘s journaling adds visual interest on this graphic-style page. Her font choices, alignments, and “journaler” products all contribute to making this design work.
How to make this layout
- Mount 4″ x 6″ photo 1.5″ in from left edge of canvas and 2″ in from bottom edge of canvas.
- Add strip of ribbon beneath photo – bleeding off page edge at left and running almost the width of the photo. Staple end.
- Create two journaling spots using journalers, digital brushes, and/or labels. Mount one rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise on left side of photo. Mount one on the right side of the photo.
- Use rubons, digital wordart, or even handlettering to add a title that’s layered over your photo, extending off each side.
- Add low-key embellising to journaler on right side.
- 5 Ideas for Using Digital Word Art for Scrapbook Page Titles
- 10 ideas for placing scrapbook journaling on your page
- Scrapbooking Ideas for Designing with Text Elements