Use this 8-step formula to make easy scrapbook pages. Terri Davenport bordered a grid of portraits and patterned paper squares with a list of all the things she associates with her son right now at age 13.[hr]
How to make this layout
(NOTE: For a digital version, create a 5 x 3 grid of abutting squares as described: aligned grid in Photoshop)
- Trim (or punch or digitally crop) four photos to 2.5″ square. (If you’re got an awesome trimmer, go with 2.4″ square).
- Trim or punch (eleven) 2.5″ square pieces of patterned paper and cardstock.
- Arrange photos and papers in a 5 by 3 grid starting 3″ down from top of 12″ x 12″ cardstock canvas. For a digital page, “clip” photos and papers to the squares in the grid you made. (Note: .5″ will need to be trimmed from the squares along one side)
- Add title to one of the squares in the grid.
- Journal along top and bottom edges of grid.
- Study Digital Scrapbook Pages for Ideas and How-tos | Blended Papers and Aligned Grids
- Scrapbook Page Composition: Arrange Your Elements in a Grid
- Keeping the Grid Design Fresh on Scrapbook Pages | Using Grids Within the Design