Doris Sander has softened the linear feel of this simple blocked design by staggering her photo and patterned paper blocks slightly and by using flowing text to create additional blocks on her page.
To make your own easy scrapbook page inspired by Doris’, follow the eight simple steps laid out below.
How to make this layout
- Use stencil and mists to create a soft pattern on your background.
- Create two vertical masking tape borders each 1.5″ from their respective edges.
- Stitch down the center of of each of your masking tape borders with embroidery floss.
- Lay down a 4.5 x 8.5″ strip of patterned transparency horizontally across your page about 3/4″ from the top edge.
- Crop your photo to 4×4″ and create a 4×4″ patterned paper tile. Place them adjacent to one another over top of the transparency and slightly stagger their top and bottom edges so they don’t quite line up.
- Render your title with alpha stickers so that it forms a column down the center of the vertical band create by your borders.
- Hand write your journaling directly onto your background in blocks that frame your title.
- Add high-contrast stamps and die cuts to finish things off.
- 6 Ways to Keep a Blocked Scrapbook Page Design Fresh
- Big Scrapbook Page Titles that Earn the Space They Fill