Kelly Purkey has made her title on “Sunset” a unique focal point within this simple design by using a variety of inks to stamp large alphas that stretch across her page.
Make your own easy scrapbook page by following the six simple steps below to recreate Kelly’s technique.
How to make this layout
- Start with a light-colored solid paper or subtle patterned paper for your background.
- Attach a 3″ x 3″ photo to the top left corner of your page using a stapler.
- Slide a tab under the left side of your photo and accent the bottom right-hand corner with a transparent element.
- Add a subtitle or short phrase beneath your photo.
- Use alpha stamps and multiple ink pads to render your title two-thirds of the way down your page.
- Add a small amount of journaling and the date below your title–play around with the alignment for a cascading effect.
- Big Scrapbook Page Titles that Earn the Space They Fill
- Keeping Track of Your Inks: Make your Own Ink Swatch Ring