Are you recording the stories of those photos you’re taking? Are you noting the details that will trigger rich memories later on? Or are the photos piling up, unculled and unlabeled, in your ever-growing cloud drive?
I’m Debbie Hodge, the owner of Get It Scrapped, and I want you to make sure future generations aren’t left guessing whose house that is in the picture, or what kind of car is parked behind the kids playing on the sidewalk, or who those kids even are.
Take a look at this scrapbook page—> That’s my niece and my son in 2013, tasting nasturtiums for the first time. See how easy that was? I gave my photos (and my family) a story. You can do this, too, and I can show you how.
Here at Get It Scrapped, I’ve combined my skills (an MBA concentration in operations management and 20+ years of study and practice of creative writing) with my passion (telling personal stories) to make a business of showing you how to organize your memories and photos and use writing and design to record the stories and events of your life.
You can get started right away getting the stories that go with your photos noted and understanding the basics of putting together scrapbook pages with a Get It Scrapped Free Membership. It includes two classes with everything you need to know about the parts of a scrapbook page and the design tools that help you choose and place those parts. The great thing about learning these basic design principles is that you’ll use them in other pursuits: setting a holiday table, laying out a fundraiser poster, and decorating your mantel.
If you’re looking for more advanced lessons in design and visual storytelling, the Get It Scrapped Full Membership is a well-organized, beautifully-illustrated compilation of design lessons and creative ideas. There are 48 classes (with 36 eBooks and 200+ hours of audio/video) in the library now, and we add a new class the first Wednesday of every month. And we have live events in our virtual meeting room almost every week. Over 50 designers from the scrapbook industry have contributed to the membership library.
Still want to know more about Get It Scrapped and my work with all those photographers who are giving their photos stories?
Before founding Get It Scrapped, Debbie Hodge authored Get It Scrapped! published by F+W Media, was a contributing editor to Memory Makers Magazine, and published scrapbook pages and articles in top scrapbook magazines including: BHG Scrapbooks Etc., Memory Makers Magazine, Simple Scrapbooks, Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbook Trends, and Scrapbook Answers.
My personal blog and instagram account
- The Daily Digi In the Designer’s Studio with Debbie Hodge
- Ali Edwards Behind the Brand of Get It Scrapped
- The Scrapbooking Inspiration Podcast (at Digital Scrapbooking HQ – talking about my background and new classes)
Paperclipping Roundtable Podcast
- Paperclipping Roundtable 210 (camera vs memory)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 202 (imperfect scrapbooking)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 186 (scrapbooking Christmas stories)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 176 (scrapbooking modern media)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 167 (talking about page making approaches we return to again and again)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 159 (talking online course development)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 139 (talking about trends affecting how we make pages)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 132 (talking about the products, techniques, design approaches we return to again and again on our pages)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 121 (talking about personal style)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 107 (scrapbooking teens)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 84 (scrapbooking parents)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 65 (scrapbooking dreams – what we’d love to have for scrapbooking)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 63 (page making process)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 60 (innovations in scrapbooking)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 47 (scrapbooking work)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 45 (fonts)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 38 (scrapbooking apps)
- Paperclipping Roundtable 29 (technology for scrapbooking)
The Digi Show
- The Digi Show 113 (digi scrapper dream gifts)
- The Digi Show 98 (favorite scrapbook page making tricks & techniques)
- The Digi Show 71 (color)
- The Digi Show 51 (layout design
- The Digi Show 35 (live from Vegas – Digisrapapalooza)
- The Digi Show 13 (talking hardware and software for digiscrapping)
Paperclipping Digi Show Podcast
- Paperclipping Digi Show 29 (year in review scrapbooking)
- Paperclipping Digi Show 23 (making scrappy Christmas gifts)
- Paperclipping Digi Show 18 (what do you do with the paper stuff when you’re a digi scrapper)
- Paperclipping Digi Show 12 (hidden journaling on digi pages)
- Paperclipping Digi Show 6 (Fantasy layouts, the future of digital scrapbooking, inchies, and more)