Photo

Does anyone print 12x12 digi pages or photos at home?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Kristy T

Kristy T

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Photography, scrapbooking, making cards, baking yummy things to eat (not so much cooking dinner)

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:32 AM

This is probably more relevant to the digi scrapbookers but very happy to hear from anyone - do any of you print your own pages at home on a printer? IF so do you do the full 12x12 or print at 10x10 ?

Blogging at - http://kristytdesigns.com

#2 Katiecb

Katiecb

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

When I print -- I normally send them out because it's easier -- I print 12x12.  I happen to have a frame with a 12x12 mat in it -- bought from IKEA for some other purpose but never used -- and my albums are also that size. I have a Canon printer and I use their 13x19 paper.

~ Katie ~

NIRnPsZ.jpg

#3 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:48 PM

I don't print at home. I send mine out to be printed 8 X 8.

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#4 carollee

carollee

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:57 AM

Kristy I notice you're from WA.   Do you print from home because of a cost issue or a quality issue - with Australian printing companies?  Because if that's the reason, I get any of my pages that I want printed at Persnickety Prints and pay a flat fee of I think it's $10 or $15 for postage.  The quality is amazing and it's way cheaper than Harvey Norman or other such places in Australia.

Carol

My GIS gallery

My blog:  Finding Carol

#5 Ladydoc

Ladydoc

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, podcasting, art, photography, travel, knitting, reading, design, sustainability, anthropology

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:07 AM

Yes, if I am caught up. Twelve by twelve. I am thinking about getting some printed, though. I am behind on printing at the moment.

post-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb_zcalvinball_zpsqay1lvvv.gifclickheresmall_zpsu4msbetn.jpg

#6 wendyzine

wendyzine

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:22 PM

It's too expensive for me to print at home when you take into account ink and larger format printers that will print full bleed. MyPicTales or Persnickety are the industry leaders in printing, though Persnickety is the one with flat rate international shipping.

If I did print at home, though, I'd look into the Epson line of larger format printers. We used them at the prepress department to do color proofing and they were very good quality and quite accurate with color. The Epson papers were also top quality.

#7 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:16 AM

I only print 8x8 at home since that fits on a4 paper :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#8 LeslieM

LeslieM

doesn't bother to knock

• REGISTERED
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:00 PM

I bought a big epson printer many years ago and hardly ever used it.  Really need to get rid of it since we are trying to downsize extraneous items.  I guess I should fire it up, clean the print heads and see if it still works and try to get rid of it.

• bestcee likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users