Photo

Grrrrr . . . computer crashed and I can't access my email

4 replies to this topic

#1 sal4gal

sal4gal

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:Grandkids, Digi Scrappping, Camping, Books on tape (Audible), Amateur Star and Solar Astronomy with hubby.

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:59 AM

I have had the same yahoo email for over 20 years. My computer crashed yesterday and cookies were lost. Hubby was able to get it back up and running. I have had great luck with everything except yahoo. I run family yahoo groups, genealogy groups. I had many, many folders with saved emails.

NOTE: My problem is that I had not updated a backup email and cell phone number.

There are thousands, probably millions :) of complaints online from people who are in my exact situation.

I am still in shock as I continue to remember additional things that I have lost! :(

• mshanhun likes this

#2 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:41 PM

Nooo! Surely these is another way? security questions? You have cookies on your phone maybe from a previous log in? (Multiple browsers in your phone?)

I love last pass for this very reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#3 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:42 PM

That said I had an issue with a client's YouTube channel who never moved over to Google accounts when Google bought YouTube and didn't even know what email address the old account was connected to let alone the password. YouTube support is a black hole :( so we just started another account. That only lost us 3 or so videos though.

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#4 sal4gal

sal4gal

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:Grandkids, Digi Scrappping, Camping, Books on tape (Audible), Amateur Star and Solar Astronomy with hubby.

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:06 PM

Thanks Melissa for the comments!

I had success! Both my husband and I searched online and sent emails to Yahoo in every remote way possible. Finally, one of them reached Yahoo. I had to answer 3 different emails, each with a number of questions. It finally worked!!!

Lesson learned:  New phone number - update it on all necessary sites.  New email - ditto!

Sallie :)

• mshanhun, Missus Wookie, bestcee and 1 other like this

#5 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

Thanks Melissa for the comments!

I had success! Both my husband and I searched online and sent emails to Yahoo in every remote way possible. Finally, one of them reached Yahoo. I had to answer 3 different emails, each with a number of questions. It finally worked!!!

Lesson learned:  New phone number - update it on all necessary sites.  New email - ditto!

Sallie :)

What a relief!!

• sal4gal likes this

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users