Photo

CALVINBALL 2018 - Lets Get This Party Started!!

Calvinball Calvinball 2018

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Kelly Prang

Kelly Prang

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:scrapping, photography, reading, decorating, diy-ing, watching my kids' activities

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:46 PM

Hey scrappy-peeps!! I hope you're all getting excited about this year's Calvinball challenge!!  I am Kelly and I will be a Moderator for Calvinball this year.  I hope to get to know you all and hope we all have a productive and fun month capturing the memories of our lives!

For now, you can check out the different discussions we have going on-

Come on over to the Blogroll and add your link so we can see all your layouts! Find that post here: http://www.debbiehod...showtopic=11171

Add your name to the Stats Thread here: http://www.debbiehod...showtopic=11169

Keep track of where you are in this fun challenge on the leaderboard: http://www.debbiehod...showtopic=11168

If you're a newbie, you can find more info about Calvinball here: http://www.debbiehod...showtopic=10180

And, last but not least, you can find the rules here: http://www.debbiehod...showtopic=11170  Remember- the rules are updated often, so check for new rules so you can add more points!  Also, add new rule suggestions on the rule thread as often as you want!

Come in and relax with us while we prep for this fun challenge!  Is this your first time doing Calvinball or are you an old pro? I believe this is my 4th year, and I did really well the first 2 years I "competed" in Calvinball, then slacked off the 3rd year.  I am hoping to make 62 pages this March for Calvinball!

Tell us a little more about you and how you found out about this fun challenge!! 

• mawscrap8 likes this

Posted Image

#2 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,842 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:16 AM

Hi, Kelly, Thanks so much for coming on board as a moderator and getting us kicked off.

• Kelly Prang and Dmoorer like this

#3 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:07 PM

Hi.

Some of "my" people are having trouble logging in or signing up for this site.  Started yesterday.  One said Firefox was saying the site was not safe--or it couldn't guarantee that it was safe.  Others just said they were "having trouble" logging in over here.

Do you know if anyone else is having that problem?

calvinball.gifbilde_1.jpegNIRnPsZ.jpg

#4 Linda S

Linda S

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:56 AM

I got the message that the site wasn't safe, too. O went ahead and logged on anyway. I don't remember what browser I was using, but it wasn't Firefox.

<p>calvinball.gif     post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#5 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,842 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:35 AM

Hi.

Some of "my" people are having trouble logging in or signing up for this site.  Started yesterday.  One said Firefox was saying the site was not safe--or it couldn't guarantee that it was safe.  Others just said they were "having trouble" logging in over here.

Do you know if anyone else is having that problem?

As you know we don't use these forums any more, and they're being pulled out of mothballs for this event. We're doing it here on the forums instead of Facebook, because of email pleas I've received from you and a couple others that we not host on Facebook.

Last week I paid for the IP Board support team to install an update to this site but it's being held up by conflicts with the SSL certificate install and so now I'm working with the hosting service but replies are slow and we've been straight out with the new class going up for members on Wednesday. The SSL is what makes the site safe and it is, indeed, installed. If you're a member, you know that logins on the membership site are fine.  

We are two weeks out from CalvinBall starting, and I am working on it. Log in on Chrome and you should be fine. I'm seeing those messages on Firefox, too. I have tickets in. 

• Kelly Prang likes this

#6 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

• REGISTERED
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

Thanks!  I appreciate that you are keeping this site open for us dinosaurs who are not on fb.  Calvinball has always been a blast.  Looking forward to another dynomite season!

I will let the gals know.  Just didn't want to have anyone else scared off by the notice.

calvinball.gifbilde_1.jpegNIRnPsZ.jpg

#7 jedisgirl

jedisgirl

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:18 AM

i'm a newbie, dragged over here by Gramma Dee  :razz:

• Gramma Dee likes this

NIRnPsZ.jpg

#8 Katiecb

Katiecb

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:08 PM

I got the security warning and I'm using Chrome. 

I was wondering if Calvinball was going on this year, since this board isn't used any more, and just popped in now to check. I'm so happy to see it up!

I've been signing up for the past couple of years and I guess that means I'm a pro, although I haven't had anything to show for it. I expect to do much better this year! 

Last month, I did the Month of Challenge as The Lilypad (digital scrapbooking site) and, while I didn't do all 31 challenges, the 18 that I completed are more layouts than I have done in the last two years combined! I have high hopes that I'll be able to actually get myself onto the leaderboard with scrapping points this year!

~ Katie ~

NIRnPsZ.jpg

#9 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,842 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:55 PM

I believe I've fixed the warnings about security and set things up so the site is being accessed with our SSL certificate.

If you had the site bookmarked at www.debbiehodge.com/gisforum change it to https://debbiehodge.com/gisforum

• Linda S likes this

#10 Jill_S

Jill_S

• REGISTERED
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:17 AM

Hi all! I'll be assisting Kelly as a moderator. Although I have been playing Calvinball for years, it feels so different to me every time we start a new round each year.  It's a wacky and rollicking good time -- and at the end of it, you'll have projects galore to show for it. Have fun! 

-- Jill 

-- Jill

#11 Marie

Marie

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:31 AM

Yay! Completed layouts/projects I need. 2017 was a dud year for scrapping. Can't wait to get back into it.

a8591829a06a17d775d7a37314cd45df.jpg

#12 shystad

shystad

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Scrapbook Design, Blogging, Searching for Farmhouse Treasures

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:41 PM

Hi Everyone,

My name is Shanna Hystad.  I am from Auburn, WA.  I will also be helping out this year.  I have little to no Calvinball experience but am so excited to join in the fun this year! 

• okmama, craftymeggy, jedisgirl and 1 other like this

#13 staciessj

staciessj

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

Hi all, I am Stacie from just N of Seattle WA. I used to be a prolific scrapper and now I am a crafter who scraps sometimes...I need to get "caught up" a bit :-) Never done Calvinball before, excited about the motivation!

• jedisgirl likes this

#14 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,842 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:59 PM

Hi all! I'll be assisting Kelly as a moderator. Although I have been playing Calvinball for years, it feels so different to me every time we start a new round each year.  It's a wacky and rollicking good time -- and at the end of it, you'll have projects galore to show for it. Have fun! 

-- Jill 

Thank you SO very much.

#15 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,842 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:59 PM

Hi Everyone,

My name is Shanna Hystad.  I am from Auburn, WA.  I will also be helping out this year.  I have little to no Calvinball experience but am so excited to join in the fun this year! 

I'm so grateful to you for helping run this event Shanna!

#16 gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind

• REGISTERED
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Memory Keeper.Reader of Books.Homemaker.Zentangle Artist.Amateur Photographer.Follower of Christ.

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

This is my third year playing Calvinball. The first year I was in FIRST PLACE with 630 points and 71 layouts! Woo-Hoo! BRAGGING RIGHTS! LOL

I had some major health issues with my back last year, and ended up having surgery in the fall, so I didn't do quite so well last year as the first year, but I still had 478 points and 21 layouts and was in SIXTEENTH PLACE.

Since I'm doing so much better this year, I'm hoping to get back to my first year stats, but we'll see! I'm still a bit rusty!

Let's get to scrapping and fill up our memory books!

• okmama, LisaDV, craftymeggy and 1 other like this

Cheryl Ashcraft

Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j  NIRnPsZ.jpg

#17 ladyofthelake318

ladyofthelake318

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, duh; reading, mostly murder mysteries; theater; gardening; genealogy; movies; and stuff.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:31 AM

I read the messages above about security errors, etc.  I'm not having those probs, and when I logged in a couple weeks ago, I wasn't having any issues.  But tonight, a lot of the pictures are broken (profile pics, etc.) -- including mine.  And not everything is lining up -- this box I'm typing in is hanging off the right "center" section into the background.  I'm using Chrome.  Any ideas?

Andrea

aka Ladyofthelake318

post-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.jcalvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346NIRnPsZ.jpg

#18 RuthPackard

RuthPackard

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

Hi, neighbor! I’m just a few miles north of you in Shoreline. This is my first year to play!

#19 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:01 PM

I’m excited but can’t believe I missed that free point for signing up in February (lunchtime 1st March here already in Perth)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#20 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:03 PM

Also! Tip for those using Tapatalk... if you sign up on Actual March 1 in US time you can do a ad-free month then cancel your subscription after Calvinball if you like.

Tapatalk has WAY more ads these days but it a good way to keep involved in the forum for me.

Of course my “payment” went through Feb 28 so I won’t get a full month trial... but it will do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Calvinball, Calvinball 2018

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users