I'm been getting ready for a while too!
I have gone back to 2002 to work (play) on my Glacier Park Scrapbook. No not a vacation since I worked there for the whole summer, so loooots of photos. I even talked a few of the Jammer drivers to allow me to use their photos. They went all over the park. I am using 12 x 15 album to accommodate my panoramic photos of the park. I usuallyI can get 3 of those on a page when I use that size of Creative Memories Pages, Page Protectors, etc. So great to have a challenge to kick me to get this done!
Here a few things on my prep list I've been doing:
* Told my hubby I was looking at Calvinball this year as a participant ( I was a Lookie Lou last year). His comment was "Well... Go for it!"
* I quit my job ( well not for Calvinball but it sure helps to have more time at home)
* Using the pages 12 x 15 I purchased in 2014 CM so I know I have enough supplies such as pages page protectors, but I started with chronological photos I printed back in 2002
* I used pizza boxes cut to 12 x 15 size so when I want to place the photos, embellishments, and add Journaling I can move them around easier, then I stack them with my pages. Some are started so to get the sequence right (the clean part from Freschetta pizza since they wrap their pizza in plastic)
* Cooking & Menus ~ I add two extra servings so I can freeze them for the Calvinball menu for March. Cleaned up the old crock-pots to prep soups and whole chickens.
* Laundry ~ hand washing every day so I won't have to go to the laundry mat next month for an all day project. It takes me another day or two to put it all away.
* I moved a few long overnight medical appointments to April ~ need time at home for Calvinball.
* Researching on the internet for places I forgot since 2002 so I can spend time on the pages not researching. I love researching so want to spend lots of quality time on it, ex. The name of the various mountains in the 7 different locations to visit when I stayed in each one to train my 16 accountants who worked for me on location. (loved getting paid to travel in the park!!!)
* Journaling all the memories that come to me as I look at the photos again.
* Added all the photos I found before I started prepping for Calvinball to the already prepped pages, over 100 in a box that I thought was only duplicates, found out that none were duplicates. So back to rearranging the photos etc. So glad I found them now than later.
* Journal prep ~ I keep a notebook anywhere I can think of to write down memories, they seem to just flood my brain at the oddest times. I put one by my bedside, in my backpack when I leave the house, scratch pads all over the house with pens attached, scrapbook room. When I get "hit" by these memories it's like I am right there again, all my senses come on line so for me it's the best time to capture the memory.
* Watching how-to videos to learn about new-to-me vocabulary or language for Calvinball: Blogs, Instagram, twitter, P.S. = Photo Shop, how to add Calvinball blinkies, podcasts, GIS, etc. I know what they are, I need to learn how to use them.
* Making a list of new rules to suggest and comments for the forums to start a new thread???
* Printed photos of 2016 to use for PL when I need a break from traditional scrapbooking.
* Purchased adhesive refills, PL pages online, making lists of what to purchase when I get to go the city and shop in-store. I live in an rural area so the city is over 6 hour drive from home. Bookmarked which stores have which for the sales and coupons to print and take with me. ( I don't have a phone to use for the coupons, yet)
* De-cluttering my scrapspace constantly since this part seems to be the messiest,,, getting ready.
* I have my non-paper craft ready; in a box with all the supplies gathered in one place.
* Making a list so I can choose what to take with me on my trips I couldn't reschedule; prepping my photos for online pages at Shutterfly ( we keep all our photos on the NAS, then only keep the current photos on our Macs then delete) List of which videos to watch, PL on my tablet, List of podcasts and the list goes on. Our fist appt is March 1st, Oh no...lol
* Producing more distilled water this month so less time distilling in March. ( we recently purchased it so this is a fun project to get more done)
* Watched all the Calvinball prepping videos from NicolleJones911 and Katie Scott I could find on the internet for traditional scrapbooking
* I am getting my paper plates out to use in March. less hand washing dishes time It seems time is of the essence here!!!
* Researched better ways to layout 12 x 15 with panoramic photos but didn't find very many. But I did decide to stairstep my photos on double page spreads for two reasons; no room for embellishments so the stair step pulls the audience to the next page and back, and I have enough room for a title usually spread between the two pages only. Besides back in 2002 the big deal was stickers stickers stickers...lol
Well I guess I have prepped a LOT. Hmm...I think I will put this in my PL for the month of February too...lol