Photo

So, who's ready for Christmas

4 replies to this topic

#1 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:28 PM

I am!! Have all the Christmas shopping finished and wrapped. 

I'm traveling a lot (business) between now and the 22nd. We are leaving on the 22nd for a couple of weeks.

So--since I won't be around much before Christmas, and we won't be here for Christmas, I won't be putting up Christmas decorations. Decided it was better to not stress out trying to get the place decorated and worry about work too.

Hope everyone is enjoying decorating and shopping!!

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#2 carollee

carollee

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:48 PM

All done, bought, wrapped and under the tree ready!!   No mucking about in my house. haha   My father-in-law puts on an 'early' Christmas so he can get all his grandchildren and now great-grandchildren in the same spot before they are pulled in all directions by family and friends and this year it was 26 November, so I had to be ready with at least half the gifts by then.  

No children in our house, so under the tree is the easiest place to put the pressies for what is left.  

I'm feeling mildly smug at this stage of the year, now I can just kick back and enjoy the Christmas parties!

Carol

My GIS gallery

My blog:  Finding Carol

#3 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,842 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

I'm not . . . but tree is purchased and on the porch in water and house is tidy (and cleaners are scheduled for two more visits before teh day) and my husband will do most of our shopping. 

So I feel like I can keep getting work done and then decorate next weekend. Need to get party invite out though. I'll basically halt everything a few days before Christmas to cook and bake and wrap and just get ready and then enjoy.

• mfortunato likes this

#4 Ladydoc

Ladydoc

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, podcasting, art, photography, travel, knitting, reading, design, sustainability, anthropology

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:36 PM

I'm not though my son has the lights up outside and the tree is up and he has partly decorated it. Cards are always a struggle for me. My house is a mess! I do have a few presents purchased and am thinking about a Boxing Day get together at my home. My niece has decided she wants to visit after Christmas. I wish she'd be here for the celebrations but FaceTime is good. Baking is one thing I will not worry about. I am struggling with keeping my weight off and need to reduce temptation. I'm thinking of just ordering pizza for the gang on Boxing Day.

post-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb_zcalvinball_zpsqay1lvvv.gifclickheresmall_zpsu4msbetn.jpg

#5 Missus Wookie

Missus Wookie

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, stories, gardening, walking, laughing with friends.

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:06 PM

I'm ready for Christmas - but the list isn't finished. By this point I'm figuring that what is here gets wrapped/cooked/presented and whatever turns up later is fine.

We always stretch Christmas as we visit the ILaws on the 26th (Boxing Day), my family the first Saturday in January - so there are some extra days to wrap in there too.

• mfortunato likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users