• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:09 AM

I have loved all the creative energy this past month, and have admired many of your projects, and commented on most.  One thing I have noticed when reading your project descriptions is that many of you are going to challenges on other sites for inspiration.  

If you don't mind, could you please share some of your favorites?  I would love to check in to them from time to time throughout the year to keep the scrap party feeling going.  If you post on those sites, even better b/c I can continue to be inspired by your creativity.

• DebbieHodge and Jill_S like this

calvinball.gifbilde_1.jpegNIRnPsZ.jpg

#2 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

I have loved all the creative energy this past month, and have admired many of your projects, and commented on most.  One thing I have noticed when reading your project descriptions is that many of you are going to challenges on other sites for inspiration.  

If you don't mind, could you please share some of your favorites?  I would love to check in to them from time to time throughout the year to keep the scrap party feeling going.  If you post on those sites, even better b/c I can continue to be inspired by your creativity.

Hi Gramma Dee! I’m a member of the ScrapHappy community and they hold month-long Layout A Day (LOAD) challenges where you get a prompt just after midnight Eastern time and you have til midnight Mountain time to upload your layout each day to qualify for the finisher’s prize. Check out details at ScrapHappy.org. You’d love Alice Boll who owns the group and moderates the LOADs. There’s a fee for LOAD if you’re not a member but as a member it’s free for me. I belong to two other groups associated with kit clubs. Mind the Scrap is a UK group run by the amazing Emma Clark who also curated the kits and does live scrap demos 3 times a week. I think you can belong to the group on Facebook without being a kit subscriber and you can buy kits as you like from the shop without a subscription. Subscribers can join in weekend online crops with great prizes but there are monthly challenges just for fun. The Secret Not Secret Kit Club is another group you can belong to on Facebook without subscribing and subscribers have a monthly online crop called Secret Scrap Parties — live demos, videos and prompts every hour keep it fun and very challenging. Khristina Sorge is a popular YouTuber who manages the group and her kits are totally custom so everyone gets a different kit — you name your price and tell her what you like. Another group I love is Ibspired by Memories. Julie Wickens comes up with some great challenges and she pushes herself into new creative areas so it’s fun to see where she ends up. No kits involved but usually challenges every few days and online crops every few months. Natalie Nelson has another group called For the Love of Pretty Paper with great challenges and beautiful work on Facebook and Instagram. Mercy Tiara (aka Tracy Banks) has a monthly challenge and a few mini challenges each month for a small stash prize. I am involved in all of these groups to a greater or lesser degree but I hold back if it gets to being a bit too much work. Mostly it’s fun getting to know the ladies and being inspired by their work. I could go on but these are a good start.... Enjoy! I’ve loved seeing your work again this year! Kathy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Marie, Gramma Dee, JustJac and 1 other like this

Kathy McElfresh

#3 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading, decorating

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:42 AM

I like the counterfeit kit challenge - here's their blog, they also have a FB group. 

http://counterfeitki...e.blogspot.com/

There are tons of groups on Facebook, I tend to like the smaller ones - like the 100 pattern paper challenge.

https://www.facebook...27897424240355/

• Gramma Dee and mawscrap8 like this

Susanne

Snaps & Snippets on Facebook

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346NIRnPsZ.jpg

#4 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:22 PM

Before we say goodbye I'd like to thank Debbie and all the administrators for hosting Calvinball and all the participants who provided so much inspiration and fun throughout the month.  I've been out of it -- literally, actually and theoretically -- the past several days, having contracted a nasty case of bronchitis and received unwelcome news regarding my hubby's health.  It's not life-threatening but it is definitely signaling changes in our lifestyle and his capabilities going forward.  I haven't felt like playing with paper and paste but I'm sure that'll change and scrapping will continue to be my escape from reality.  This CB was an amazing month and I'm really happy with all the work I got done.  I'm especially proud that ALL the layouts I had stacked up (nearly all of the 200 I've done since January 1) have now been placed in albums according to my "life stages" schematic and updated to my Flickr account with a record of the challenge(s) it was created for and which album it ended up in.  And as I went thru memorabilia and photos and sorted them by "job" for my career album, I created dividers and got pages ready to put together --- and my goal of completing that album in the month of April actually looks do-able. So as soon as I can get rid of this cough and headache, I'll be ready to get'r'done!!!!  Hope to see you all next March here, or on the GetItScrapped community boards, or any of the other groups around Facebook and elsewhere.  And thanks to #snapsandsnippets  for reminding me I want to check into the counterfeit kit challenge....

• CMartin88 likes this

Kathy McElfresh

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: calvinball

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users