Photo

Does anyone want to kick the tires on Story Coach? Pre release this weekend.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,842 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

The first story coach class is up -- and there's a video demo of how all the "story coach engine" works.

Purchase it here: Story Coach 01 | Play Changes

I do believe it's all working -- it's different from other classes in that you can save story notes and access them later -- and after you write your notes you get a writing guide customized with your notes.

ANYWAYS . . . there are more moving pieces than on anything I've sold in the past. And I think I've got everything working.

If anyone wants to take a look, I'd appreciate it. Please let me know if you have any problems.

#2 Christy Strickler

Christy Strickler

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 1,607 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking and video games

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

I am starting to kick the tires right now. I will have to go to bed soon though, so will finish up tomorrow.

So far- I have easy access to the PDF files. I like their design and can see people printing them for use again and again. Personally, I liked the interactive version better in which I typed notes in. I don't have to mess with printing or having one more item on my desk. I liked how it put my notes into the second section of the class to write the journaling.

I had some photos of our last trip to Dave and Buster's. They aren't stellar and I was thinking I didn't need to scrap yet another Dave and Buster's LO, but this class gave me a new direction to go with the photos.

#3 lsiselin

lsiselin

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, reading, archaeology, music, family, animals

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

I love it, Debbie! I think it works really well. Easy to understand and follow the instructions. Love how I can write online and save it here and how easy I can access the notes later. Can't wait to doing the whole thing through tomorrow. (Stupid birth day I have to go to today! Lol)
- Lise Mariann -

~ My blog ~ Instagram: lisemariann ~

#4 seffie

seffie

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 815 posts
  • Interests:Apart from scrapbooking? Reading, writing, stitching and storytelling

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:04 AM

If it says "story" I'm in. I'll enjoy having a look at it today. Looking forward to it!

#5 carriea

carriea

crazy cat lady

• REGISTERED
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Currently: trying to find balance while keeping up with my to do list

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'll kick the tires, too! I'm excited to see the moving parts. :)

#6 Stefanie

Stefanie

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 968 posts
  • Interests:Besides scrapbooking? Photography, reading, cooking and knitting.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

I kicked and it looks wonderful, my head is buzzing with d\ideas again.

Thanks Debbie - love it.

Untitled-1_zpsgfd6yp5n.jpg

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

Facebook

Blog

Pinterest

#7 brendab

brendab

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

It looks great to me - I could open the PDF files and tested creating and saving a prompt and it worked fine. 

Brenda

#8 carriea

carriea

crazy cat lady

• REGISTERED
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Currently: trying to find balance while keeping up with my to do list

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Debbie-- It's awesome. Everything works for me (and it might be helpful to know I'm using google chrome). When I saw step 2, I was ecstatic! I could see all the stories in what I'd written. This is a great tool for someone like me who has a hard time staying focused on ONE story. I can also see how this is something that could really speed up the writing process for me. LOVE IT!

#9 seffie

seffie

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 815 posts
  • Interests:Apart from scrapbooking? Reading, writing, stitching and storytelling

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:50 AM

It's a fantastic idea! I'm a printer-outer and love to have the sheets to tuck into my notebook and think about. Love that.

#10 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,842 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

Thanks for checking it out and for the feedback!

I just added a short writing lesson in video form it's the bottom red bar:

Attached Files

#11 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading, decorating

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

Oh, this is good.  The question and answer approach to getting thoughts down is helpful.  I was impressed how the program works to bring my words right back to me to help me write the story in Step 2. You get us brainstorming in Step 1 and then refining in Step 2.  Nice!

I found the little quick writing lesson SOOOOOO valuable - so is the word I have to remove most often from my blog posts.  The point you make in there about keeping words when it better fits the writers' voice is great advice.  It is nice to strike a balance between familiarity and formality in writing.  That is, I like writing that is conversational, storytelling should be like that; except, it still bugs me when it seems too loose and sloppy.

Nicely taught, Debbie.

Susanne

Snaps & Snippets on Facebook

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346NIRnPsZ.jpg

#12 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,842 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm grateful for the feedback.

#13 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

I'm a little late in previewing--better late than never. I think the printable is awesome. The prompts are helpful in getting your ideas from your head to paper. Being able to type your ideas straight into the document and saved online is invaluable. I like the idea of being able to retrieve the data at a later time. The video reminded me of one of the first writing classes I took in college. After writing a paper, we had to strike out the words "that, so, very, and some." Now, every time I use one of those words, I am reminded of "is it necessary."

Great job Debbie.

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users