• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 KateD

KateD

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:48 AM

What are your goals for CalvinBall? I've seen several people share how many pages they'd like to get done, and I'm in awe of some of the page goals! Do you have a goal? A certain number of pages and/or points?

• LisaDV likes this
Kate

#2 KateD

KateD

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:57 AM

My primary goal is to make at least one PL spread each day. I'd really like to end the month in the habit of making PL spreads on a regular basis because I have quite a backlog in my PL albums and I'd like to get those albums finished. I've been doing physical Project Life in a monthly format since 2012 and none of the albums are complete, yet. I'm currently working on 2016 and it's the closest to being done - I'm in the middle of October now. By the end of CalvinBall, I'd like to be done with 2016.

Besides the PL pages, I'd like to get a handful of digital pages done.

I also took the plunge this week and started putting all of my prints from 1999-2001 into page protectors in my scrapbooks. I had three full large 13x13 photo boxes that were a mishmash of prints - mostly film prints from 1999-2001 and some prints of digital images from later years. I've been sorting, tossing duplicates, and putting photos into the albums all week. Then, I'll finally be able to start scanning those pictures and making digital layouts. Yay!

• DebbieHodge, LisaDV, Marie and 1 other like this
Kate

#3 CMartin88

CMartin88

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:40 AM

Goals:

I have a few in different areas of my scrapbook world.

The first is PL app where I make basic LO with journaling, really simple. My goal with this is to stay caught up. Event photo taking is how I get PL done, not a photo a day or week etc. These only give me one to three points yet it is how I like to make these. I remember looking at my mom's albums I inherited. She had photos, journaling, and she was done. So like the PL is now, simple and done.  I started later so I only have 2017 through present day, all are complete!! This is what I do when I have medical appts, long visits to the city, I get caught up.

The second is photobooks in Shutterfly. This month I was given two new free books to make. So to get those two albums done would be great. I am learning how to add more embellishments, LO,  and backgrounds to each page. When I was in a training program I was able to go on "field trips" with the different crews. My first album is the Cultural Resource Crew. There are places they took me I agreed to not show the public so I use a traditional album and my DSL camera for those shots. They get done but not showcased anywhere but my home. Then I have the ones that are open to the public so if there are no people in them I will upload those.

My third goal, I am working on my 2002 paper Creative Memories scrapbook albums. I told myself that I would finish these albums (3 to 4) first then Utah (Zion, Bryce, and North Rim to the Grand Canyon), then Alaska in Anchorage, Valdez, Denali, and other areas of lower AK. These are the places I worked and lived IN these parks for the concessions to the National Park Service, so looots of photos of nature. Here too I do not have permission to "share" who is in the photos, so I will upload the ones with nature only.

The fourth goal I have is putting 2014,15, and some 2016 photos I printed last month into page protector albums. I used one of the companies that gave me 250 photos "free" just pay shipping.

And my fifth goal involves  heritage. I inherited all 27 albums from my paternal grandmother and 4 of the large black paged albums from my maternal side of the family, and boatloads of my moms albums, scrapbook albums of newspaper articles when her and my dad were first married back in the 50's, and lots of Navy then later the Air Force articles and memorbilia. That would be great if I would scan a few pages of those. (Hmm... maybe use the time to watch videos on how to use the scanner we bought specifically for this for more points! It helps me pass the time when I wash dishes and get the handwashing articles done)

My other non scrappy goal but pertains to Calvinball is my non craft project of making firestarters. I have been waiting for a "snow day" but I think winter skipped  CO this year so I will get it done this month. These are made with egg cartons, lint from the dryer, and wax, such as crayons or old broken candles.

So thanks for asking, I better keep going...

• DebbieHodge, KateD, LisaDV and 1 other like this

Cheryl Martin

Colorado, USA

NIRnPsZ.jpg    bilde_1.jpeg

#4 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,842 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:15 PM

SO many great goals.

I want to get caught up through 2015 --- which means making 90ish pages.

• LisaDV, Marie and CMartin88 like this

#5 KateD

KateD

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:53 PM

Wow, Cheryl, you have some lofty goals for this month! Best of luck getting lots and lots accomplished  :)

• LisaDV and CMartin88 like this
Kate

#6 KateD

KateD

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

SO many great goals.

I want to get caught up through 2015 --- which means making 90ish pages.

I can't even imagine how speedy you must be to get that number of pages done! 

I've also been looking through my past albums and making lists of layouts that I'd like to make to fill in the holes. If I manage to meet my Project Life page goal and also make 4 digital layouts, I'll be satisfied. My hope is to make 10 layouts in addition to finishing my PL pages for 2016. I have one layout made so far, so we'll see...

• CMartin88 likes this
Kate

#7 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

no goals here! I've been busy working--starting a new physician group is consuming my time. Getting ready to go on an extended trip in a week. 

i feel accomplished just making one page.

• KateD, LisaDV, Marie and 2 others like this

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#8 gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Memory Keeper.Reader of Books.Homemaker.Zentangle Artist.Amateur Photographer.Follower of Christ.

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

I want to make as many layouts as I made the first year I participated (71). Right now, I'm way behind on that goal (I'm at 12), but I hope to catch up quickly! Oh, and I only scrap digitally. 

• LisaDV, Marie and CMartin88 like this

Cheryl Ashcraft

Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j  NIRnPsZ.jpg

#9 mroberts3

mroberts3

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:46 PM

Last year I made my goal of making the Top Ten, so this year I thought I'd slack off a bit. My goal is just to do at least one a day, and not worry about points So far, so good - I've done 10 in 10 days! I actually need to get a bit ahead of myself, as I'm going away at the end of the month, so I have to do two on some days. I love Calvinball - it's the most I get done all year!

• KateD, LisaDV, Marie and 1 other like this

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.jpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.ja8591829a06a17d775d7a37314cd45df.jpg

#10 jumpgate

jumpgate

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

My goal is to make stuff and keep making stuff all month. I want to make a dent in the printed photos in my photo sorter. Same as the last 3 years lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#11 Katiecb

Katiecb

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

I have a four to eight layout goal for the month. So far, I have finished two, with a third that needs editing. 

I knew I would be at a crop the first Saturday, so I was hoping for four pages then (I finished two) and then at least one every Tuesday after that. (Music lessons are two and a half hours at the music studio, with one hour where I can actually sit and scrapbook on my tablet. Because of the way they are scheduled, it isn't worth it for me to leave in between lessons. However, it's more convenient to only have to go there one day, instead of three.)

Sometimes I can fit layouts in on Saturdays, but this month my son has two winter percussion performances and state solo and ensemble festival over three Saturdays, and I won't have time on any of those days. (Too busy catching up because I'm falling a little behind every Saturday that I'm not at home for at least a half day.)

Sundays are the errand days; we're away from home nearly all day long and I can't count on finding scrapbooking time on those. We're home relatively early today, and I'm hoping to post my layouts and tally up the points I have so far, but I'm not so ambitious as to expect to actually scrapbook anything today. 

~ Katie ~

NIRnPsZ.jpg

#12 Skippydoo

Skippydoo

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Disney Parks, Sci Fi, scrapbooking, art journaling, travelers notebooks,

Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:20 PM

My main goal is that I want to do some significant stash busting. After Calvinball is over I am planning a major purge of paper and stickers.  

A secondary goal is that I want to finish at least 3 projects that are in progress.

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#13 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,842 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:41 PM

no goals here! I've been busy working--starting a new physician group is consuming my time. Getting ready to go on an extended trip in a week. 

i feel accomplished just making one page.

ummmm, Terry? I though you were RETIRING?

#14 Ladydoc

Ladydoc

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, podcasting, art, photography, travel, knitting, reading, design, sustainability, anthropology

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:56 PM

Just to participate. I have one LO done and watched some BPC videos so I'm doing it. I think I only did one LO last year so I need to top that.

• KateD, Katrina Forman, LisaDV and 2 others like this

post-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb_zcalvinball_zpsqay1lvvv.gifclickheresmall_zpsu4msbetn.jpg

#15 LisaDV

LisaDV

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:59 PM

I love CB, it really motivates me to do the projects/pages that I put off which tend to be event styled pages. I'm more of an everyday moment kind of gal. I do both digi and traditional. My goal for this year is 80 layouts. I really hope to get there. 

My additional goals are:

- Easter 2017, digital, complete

- Christmas 2017, digital, almost complete

- Christmas 2016, digital,

- Birthday's 2017 (All Traditional)

+ DH's 

+ DD's

+ DS's

- Christmas 2013, traditional

- Christmas cards

I'm also giving myself permission to do one-off pages so that I don't get hives from doing only events, but only if needed.  :lol:

• KateD, Marie and CMartin88 like this

calvinball.gif

#16 jedisgirl

jedisgirl

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:15 AM

i work full-time so my goal is a total of 31 pages. i have at least half that so far, so right on track  :)

• KateD, Marie and CMartin88 like this

NIRnPsZ.jpg

#17 KateD

KateD

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:30 AM

i work full-time so my goal is a total of 31 pages. i have at least half that so far, so right on track  :)

Nice! 

• jedisgirl likes this
Kate

#18 Katrina Forman

Katrina Forman

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:57 AM

My main goal this month is to get a real idea of how I work and what I need/use, so when we redo my space it is efficient and ergonomic. Secondary to that is organizing the existing space, which (finding things I haven’t used in a while) makes me want to make stuff!
  • KateD, Marie, jumpgate and 2 others like this
Katrina Lee

[img]http://debbiehodge.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/calvinball.gif
https://i.imgur.com/NIRnPsZ.jpg

#19 Marie

Marie

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:20 PM

I have two goals.....#1 is to get all my granddaughters layouts sorted chronologically and back into albums (I took them out before calvinball started). #2 is to get more points than the last time I played......11.....already beat that! Woohoo! No lofty goals for me....I'm just returning to work after being off ill for over two years and I have the grand here for spring break and hubby is recovering from surgery so my plate is full. A good full.
  • Katrina Forman, jumpgate and CMartin88 like this

a8591829a06a17d775d7a37314cd45df.jpg

#20 CMartin88

CMartin88

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:17 PM

Goals:

I have a few in different areas of my scrapbook world.

The first is PL app where I make basic LO with journaling, really simple. My goal with this is to stay caught up. Event photo taking is how I get PL done, not a photo a day or week etc. These only give me one to three points yet it is how I like to make these. I remember looking at my mom's albums I inherited. She had photos, journaling, and she was done. So like the PL is now, simple and done.  I started later so I only have 2017 through present day, all are complete!! This is what I do when I have medical appts, long visits to the city, I get caught up.

The second is photobooks in Shutterfly. This month I was given two new free books to make. So to get those two albums done would be great. I am learning how to add more embellishments, LO,  and backgrounds to each page. When I was in a training program I was able to go on "field trips" with the different crews. My first album is the Cultural Resource Crew. There are places they took me I agreed to not show the public so I use a traditional album and my DSL camera for those shots. They get done but not showcased anywhere but my home. Then I have the ones that are open to the public so if there are no people in them I will upload those.

My third goal, I am working on my 2002 paper Creative Memories scrapbook albums. I told myself that I would finish these albums (3 to 4) first then Utah (Zion, Bryce, and North Rim to the Grand Canyon), then Alaska in Anchorage, Valdez, Denali, and other areas of lower AK. These are the places I worked and lived IN these parks for the concessions to the National Park Service, so looots of photos of nature. Here too I do not have permission to "share" who is in the photos, so I will upload the ones with nature only.

The fourth goal I have is putting 2014,15, and some 2016 photos I printed last month into page protector albums. I used one of the companies that gave me 250 photos "free" just pay shipping.

And my fifth goal involves  heritage. I inherited all 27 albums from my paternal grandmother and 4 of the large black paged albums from my maternal side of the family, and boatloads of my moms albums, scrapbook albums of newspaper articles when her and my dad were first married back in the 50's, and lots of Navy then later the Air Force articles and memorbilia. That would be great if I would scan a few pages of those. (Hmm... maybe use the time to watch videos on how to use the scanner we bought specifically for this for more points! It helps me pass the time when I wash dishes and get the handwashing articles done)

My other non scrappy goal but pertains to Calvinball is my non craft project of making firestarters. I have been waiting for a "snow day" but I think winter skipped  CO this year so I will get it done this month. These are made with egg cartons, lint from the dryer, and wax, such as crayons or old broken candles.

So thanks for asking, I better keep going...

Coming to an end of CB18... a bittersweet time. I reread my goals and finished a few but didn't even start one of them.

Here is what I was able to get accomplished this month:

1) PL App I am caught up to date as of today 4/3/2018.

2) Completed two Photo Books on Shutterfly this month. SF extended the time to purchase so I will get to purchase them by 4/7. Plus I have three. more in the hopper with one only needed two of the 20 pages complete!!! Didn't expect this one!!

3) I didn't finish this one, I shifted gears for # 1 and #2 plus points for CM18.

4) Completed half the amount as finished pages, yet the other half is just waiting for me to add points to get it done before the end of CB.

5) Not a lick of this was even touched. Maybe next year!!?

6) Completed a few hours on this non-craft project. I also added DIY emamel dots I purchased during CB18 for the Scrappy Bonus Points.

THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING YOU TO JOIN YOU ALL!! SPECIAL THANKS GOES TO OUR MODERATOR AND HOSTESS FOR ALL CB18. AND OF COURSE ALL THE WONDERFUL PARTICIPANTS AND HOW MUCH THEY ARE ON TO PRESERVING THEIR MEMORIES FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS!! WAY TO GOOO!!!@

Cheryl Martin

Colorado, USA

NIRnPsZ.jpg    bilde_1.jpeg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users