• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 okmama

okmama

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

Since March is almost over, I'd love to hear your best excuses for not making the Leaderboard! In the spirit of scrapbooking and Calvinball, embellish appropriately!!  :D  :opera:  :clown:  :wacko:

Here's mine:

I started slowly,  but as I gained scrapping momentum my frustrations :BangHead:  with my craft room grew as well. So I placed an Ikea order  :work:  (my nearest Ikea is a 5-6 hour drive away through multiple mountain ranges) and spent two days of prime scrapping time assembling it. Then I tried to get back to scrapping, but all the creative juju of Calvinball  :idea:  inspired me to rearrange almost all my furniture instead. So I've spent the last two prime scrapbooking days cleaning and rearranging everything in my craft room. :whew:  And for the first time in about five years, I LOVE :wub: my craft room!  :queen:     :cloud9:  :sunny:

So, what are your excuses?!

• snapsandsnippets, mshanhun, Jill_S and 1 other like this

Lydia

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

#2 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading, decorating

Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:14 PM

Oh, OKMAMA, show us pics, please.

It is really quite simple what happened here . . . . there was an invasion of wasps in my studio -- horrors!  How can I be expected to compete under those circumstances! 

Okay, not really horrors.  The painters who did my studio earlier this year, opened a little window I never open for ventilation.  When they finished and closed it, the weatherstripping got wonky.  So cold air was getting in - and that's not all.  Those mud-dauber wasps (who are nuisance but not aggressive) like to build nests outside that window under the eaves.  A couple wasps got in this week, so hubby got right on fixing the weatherstripping.  The day he did that 7 of those buggers came in and held a coffee klatsch around the light over my island.  We used a hand vacuum to scoop them up and then set them free outside. (Wish I had snapped a photo for Project Life.)

Truth be told, I procrastinated the whole first week, "fine-tuning" my organization systems, did scrap quite a bit the second week, bragged about it a little, jinxed myself for the third week, and I also tried to change the vibe by over-shopping.

But the real factor is that my deadline was gone.  Normally I go to Creating Keepsakes - St. Louis in early April with my sis-in-law, so I always make a push during Calvinball to use up all my half-finished class layouts from the prior years Creating Keepsakes, as well as half-used kits.  I am not getting to go this year, so I lacked that motivation. Only got about 1/2 of what I hoped done.

The fact that I wouldn't get to shop at CK also fueled my insane on-line purchasing this month.  I guess the first weekend April will mean I have time to "fine-tune" my organization some more after all my purchases arrive. ;-)

Yet amidst all that, I managed to get 22 layouts done.  So I'm pretty sure no one is feeling sorry for me.  My thanks to Calvin and Hobbes.  I had fun.

• okmama and CMartin88 like this

Susanne

Snaps & Snippets on Facebook

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346NIRnPsZ.jpg

#3 gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Memory Keeper.Reader of Books.Homemaker.Zentangle Artist.Amateur Photographer.Follower of Christ.

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:55 PM

The month started out with my son in the ER and feeling poorly for about a week. I wasn't in great health starting out the month, but as the weeks have rolled along, I've felt better and better. Hubby had already been working overtime, but his co-worker went out on medical leave because she got shingles IN HER EYE. She's not a very nice woman, so on one hand, my hubby is glad she is gone for a while as work is much easier and smoother BUT he's also working 12-16 hours, with 12 days on and 2 days off. It puts more of a burden on me about things around the house that he normally pitches in and helps me with, but my son has stepped up to help as well as my daughter.

In spite of all of these obstacles, I'm glad that I've scrapped about 30 pages so far (I think it's officially 28 in my thread, but I have some more completed to enter in). It's not near my goal at all (I wanted twice that), but still SOME pages are better than NO pages.

So I think that's all of my excuses. LOL

• okmama and mshanhun like this

Cheryl Ashcraft

Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j  NIRnPsZ.jpg

#4 okmama

okmama

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:35 PM

Oh, OKMAMA, show us pics, please.

It is really quite simple what happened here . . . . there was an invasion of wasps in my studio -- horrors!  How can I be expected to compete under those circumstances! 

Okay, not really horrors.  The painters who did my studio earlier this year, opened a little window I never open for ventilation.  When they finished and closed it, the weatherstripping got wonky.  So cold air was getting in - and that's not all.  Those mud-dauber wasps (who are nuisance but not aggressive) like to build nests outside that window under the eaves.  A couple wasps got in this week, so hubby got right on fixing the weatherstripping.  The day he did that 7 of those buggers came in and held a coffee klatsch around the light over my island.  We used a hand vacuum to scoop them up and then set them free outside. (Wish I had snapped a photo for Project Life.)

Truth be told, I procrastinated the whole first week, "fine-tuning" my organization systems, did scrap quite a bit the second week, bragged about it a little, jinxed myself for the third week, and I also tried to change the vibe by over-shopping.

But the real factor is that my deadline was gone.  Normally I go to Creating Keepsakes - St. Louis in early April with my sis-in-law, so I always make a push during Calvinball to use up all my half-finished class layouts from the prior years Creating Keepsakes, as well as half-used kits.  I am not getting to go this year, so I lacked that motivation. Only got about 1/2 of what I hoped done.

The fact that I wouldn't get to shop at CK also fueled my insane on-line purchasing this month.  I guess the first weekend April will mean I have time to "fine-tune" my organization some more after all my purchases arrive. ;-)

Yet amidst all that, I managed to get 22 layouts done.  So I'm pretty sure no one is feeling sorry for me.  My thanks to Calvin and Hobbes.  I had fun.

It's still too much of a mess for photos, Susanne! But I'll post them on Instagram when I finish Calvinball and tidy up. Funny thing is, once the furniture was rearranged my mojo came back and I stsrted scrapping!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
  • mshanhun likes this

Lydia

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

#5 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:34 PM

I LOVE this thread. No excuses, but loved reading yours!

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#6 JustJac

JustJac

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:28 PM

Oh, I have a few excuses. My darn job expected me to keep showing up five days a week which seriously bit into my scrapping time. I was burned out from doing Layout A Day in February. I was out of town for Easter. I'm sure there's more. Thanks for letting me get this out.

• CMartin88 likes this

calvinball.gif

#7 jumpgate

jumpgate

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:57 PM

Whiny homeschooled teenagers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • CMartin88 likes this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users