Photo

Final Week Challenge: Let Someone Else Choose Your Supplies!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jill_S

Jill_S

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:06 AM

Since Calvinball has been extended for another week, I thought it would be fun to add another challenge option for us. This one is courtesy of my husband, who was just eyeballing my out-of-control scrap area and commenting on whether I would be able to make a page if HE chose the items that would go on it. I think he meant it jokingly, but it gave me an idea for this challenge: 

Have someone who is decidedly NOT you (and who is NOT familiar with how to select supplies) choose FIVE items for you to include on your next project.  You can be hardcore and only use these five, or you can work in more supplies, but those five MUST be included (visibly). 

Up for it?  Join me! 

-- Jill

#2 CMartin88

CMartin88

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:36 AM

Yes!  When my hubby gets up (from his long winters nap) I'll ask him to pick out 5 items, anywhere in my scrap area. I live too far for a scrappy run to the stores. Sounds like fun!

• Jill_S likes this

Cheryl Martin

Colorado, USA

NIRnPsZ.jpg    bilde_1.jpeg

#3 jedisgirl

jedisgirl

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:22 PM

i'm up for it! i'll make my daughter pick some stuff tonight  :)

• Jill_S likes this

NIRnPsZ.jpg

#4 jedisgirl

jedisgirl

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:39 PM

ok, supplies chosen! i told my daughter and she was excited enough to do it right away.

she chose a cork piece. cork!  :BangHead:  i do not care for cork. sigh. but she wants to see the finished product, so that's kind of exciting on its own! (normally she doesn't give a whit about my scrapping)

i'll have a photo of my chosen items soon!

• Jill_S likes this

NIRnPsZ.jpg

#5 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:14 AM

ok, supplies chosen! i told my daughter and she was excited enough to do it right away.

she chose a cork piece. cork!  :BangHead:  i do not care for cork. sigh. but she wants to see the finished product, so that's kind of exciting on its own! (normally she doesn't give a whit about my scrapping)

i'll have a photo of my chosen items soon!

At least cork get you an extra point!!

• Jill_S and jedisgirl like this

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#6 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,842 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:28 AM

I love that your hubby pays attention to your creating

• Jill_S and CMartin88 like this

#7 Jill_S

Jill_S

• REGISTERED
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:05 AM

My husband picked my five supplies today -- they aren't as heinous as I thought they'd be, though there is a single round purplish button among them that has me stumped. We shall see where this takes me! So glad I'm not the only one playing along -- can't wait to see the finished pages! 

-- Jill

#8 jedisgirl

jedisgirl

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

ok so here are the supplies chosen by my daughter clicky

she chose 2 sprays- liquitex ink in cerulean and shimmerz coloringz in pink stilettos, the cork word sweet, the chipboard word lovely from crate paper wonder, and the sticker sheet from pink paislee wild child (and pointed out she really liked the skateboarding tiger)

this kid needs some education in coordinating colors methinks!

so the page is a hot mess, but i loved the challenge and really loved that she was excited to participate!!

and in all its glory my page  :)

this was really fun! i'll have to let her pick for me again. well, maybe  ;)

• Jill_S likes this

NIRnPsZ.jpg

#9 Jill_S

Jill_S

• REGISTERED
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:59 AM

There is no way I will finish the layout by today, but I haven't given up -- this weekend I'll see where the five items take me. ;)  

• jedisgirl likes this

-- Jill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users